My new favorite way to cook bacon is in the oven. It’s quick, low-maintenance and the bacon cooks easily. Also, it doesn’t splatter your stovetop with grease or inundate your house with bacon smell (ok, maybe a little). Here are the easy steps to bacon perfection:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with foil to cover the whole pan.
- Place raw bacon pieces on foil, not overlapping.
- Bake for 12 minutes or to desired crispness.
- Remove with tongs to drain on paper-towel lined plate.
- Let bacon grease cool on foil in baking pan; remove all together for easy cleanup.
I really like Applegate Naturals Uncured Sunday Bacon. It has great flavor, no chemical preservatives, and is gluten- and dairy-free.